Thursday 14 August 2014

Top 5 Lipsticks For Summer




One of the things I love about makeup, is the different looks that can be worn during each season. For the summer I love glowy skin, simple eyes and a pop of colour on the lips (although like I have said before, I am a nudist at heart so I will occasionally stick to my roots!). I thought I would share my top 5 summer lipsticks with you.
Mac All Fired Up

This is a beautiful deep, red-ish pink colour, that looks amazing with a simple cat eye. Its matte formula means it has excellent staying power but can be a tad drying on the lips. Although this can easily be combated by applying a lip balm before putting the lipstick on. 

Rimmel Apocolips - Apocoliptic




I have a slight love/hate relationship with the Rimmel Apocolips lip lacquers. I find the formula to be quite messy and hard to work worth and feel like they never fully dry. If its windy out and my hair goes on my lips when I am wearing this, my face will covered in it within seconds. I do however, think this neon coral colour is such a staple for the summer and a shade that I am yet to find elsewhere, so despite its downfalls, it still has a special place in my summer makeup bag.


Mac Pure Decoration



This is my trusty nude that carries me through the summer. It has an orange undertone, so I find I reach for this more on sunnier days than I do my more brown toned nudes. It is a cremesheen formula meaning it is comfortable to wear and  super moisturizing on the lips. It is very pale though, so I do have to wear a slightly darker lip liner and gloss to prevent the dreaded look of concealer lips!

Collection Lasting Colour - Shade Unknown
An oldy but a goody - hence why the name has rubbed off so I don't know the shade. This is a bright orange colour that looks amazing with a tan although I do still wear it when I'm paler. Its so creamy and moisturizing to wear but does wear off quite quickly.
Mac Impassioned
This is my go to colour if I am in need of bit of a confidence boost! It is a bright pink that once again I love to wear with a simple cat eye and wispy falsies! It doesn't look as bright in the photo but it is so beautiful in person. I feel so much better about myself if I am wearing this lipstick, its such a fun colour.
What is your favourite look to wear during the summer?
Catch up soon.
With Love ... A x

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Mac's all fired up looks amazing on you! Its such a pretty shade! xoxo
    bellezzabuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with Mac Impassioned that looks amazing the shade is to die for ! ps that necklace is lovely where did you get it ? xoxo
    http://thatchynagirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its such a beautiful colour! Its from Primark! £6! Bargain. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mac Impassioned but I can never find it! it looks so lovely on. xx
    doublegins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I know it the perfect colour. Hope you find it soon x x

      Delete