Tuesday 18 June 2019

Lip Fillers || My Experience






I had been wanting to get lip fillers for a good few years and then when Kylie Jenner started flaunting her perfectly plump lips 24/7, I got pretty obsessed with the idea. After doing A LOT of research, I finally bit the bullet.

If you are considering having fillers yourself, or any cosmetic procedure for that matter, I cannot express enough how important it is to do your research. Like I said previously this was something I had been mulling over for years, I had always had an idea of certain places I knew I wanted to avoid & other places whose results always matched the look I was trying to achieve. I spent a good month or so trying to decide where I wanted to go and after hours of stalking instagram accounts and the Internet, I made my mind up.

One of the reasons it did take me so long to finally get lip fillers was the cost. Fillers are more popular than ever now-a-days and a lot more accessible with many practitioners being mobile, but this also means the price they charge is more competitive. I have paid upto £190 for 0.5ml, I know that may be a fair bit more than other people pay for the exact same procedure, but this is something I am not willing to scrimp on.


The Procedure

I have had my lips done six times in total, the first time I got it done with a friend which is something I would definitely recommend, it's good to have a bit of moral support - let's be honest, having a needle in your face is pretty intimidating. We arranged to have the procedure done in my friends house and discussed with the practitioner what results we were looking for and how much filler we would need. A numbing cream was applied to our lips and while that was working its magic, we read and signed the consent forms. My friend went first so I got to see how long it would take which calmed me down a little bit, I wasn't overly nervous but I did feel apprehensive about what it would feel like. Within 10-15 minutes it was my turn. I decided to get 0.5ml Restylane in my top lip to balance it out with my lower lip. I was told when each injection was going to happen and told to take a deep breath in as the needle went in to my lip. I wouldn't say it was painful but it did make my eyes water and was quite uncomfortable. After about 10 minutes it was over with and I was eyeing my new lips up in the mirror. At this point they weren't too swollen and I was over the moon with how they looked. After being given some aftercare advice, I trotted off home to show my pout off. It didn't take long for the swelling to start and my mouth felt really tight but is wasn't unbearable. I then began getting my lips done at a popular clinic in Liverpool. Everything about the procedure has been the same except instead of using numbing cream, a dental block is used to numb the mouth which is just the same as when you go for a filling. I 100% prefer the dental block over the numbing cream as apart from the initial anaesthetic needle going in, the procedure is completely pain free. I continued to get 0.5ml of Restylane each time, but now that my top & bottom lip are in proportion I get the filler in both in order to build on the filler I already have.

I have recently changed aesthetic practitioners again and finally feel like i have found one who ticks all the boxes for me. It can be  a trial and error process when finding a clinician who is the perfect fit for you but the important thing to remember (which i will repeat until i am blue in the face) is to use a reputable practitioner who you have researched thoroughly initially, and as you become more experienced with the procedure and know what works for you, you will feel more comfortable and confident when shopping around. 

The Results




For a few days after there is always some slight bruising and significant swelling which normally subsides after around 5 days and then I'm left with perfectly plump lips. Our bodies naturally break filler down over time so it's advised to repeat the procedure every 6-8 months in order to maintain the shape & fullness, however the more you have your lips done the longer the filler lasts. It's good to remember that the product is broken down at different rates from person to person. Personally, my body breaks the product down quite slowly so i can go up to 2 years without needing a top up. Again if this is something you are considering do your research and if you have any questions I am happy to try and answer them for you. If you would like a more up to date lip filler experience focusing completely on the last time i had the procedure done please leave a comment below or let me know on instagram @oh_so_lillybelle. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You look amazing even before the fillers, and you look absolutely stunning afterwards! Anyway, though fillers are very accessible nowadays, though research is still essential before going through with the procedure. It’s better to be safe than sorry, since a lot of health-related matters can arise from a sloppy procedure. Thanks for sharing this with us, Ashlie. Have a great day!


    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want mine done but my parents are really against me getting it done. I know you can get fat put in and saline and those appeal to me more because I am sensitive and I am worried I would react. Did worry about the swelling? That's the part that scares me in case it doesn't go down. Ha. Great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend was really against me getting mine done but honestly 0.5mls is such a small amount that the difference isn't too shocking or overwhelming. I've had mine done 3 times to be the size they are now and people still think they have never been done. The swelling is the worst part but nothing an ice pack and some ibuprofen can't sort out. Don't commit to it until you are 100% sure & ready and if you do decide to do it just remember it's not permanent and your body will break it down within a few months. Thank you so much for your comment, if you need anymore advice you know where I am! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your lips look awesome. How long does it last?

    Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! They say around 6-8months but the more you have it done the longer it takes for your body to break it down. I also think it depends on the person because the girl who does mine said my body seems to break it down really slowly xoxo

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with you that all the cosmetic procedures require thorough research before you can commit to them. During the online research, I wanted a website which would show a lot of lip enhancement before and after images, and CosmeDocs was a website which did not disappoint me. I was so impressed with the website that I went to the clinic. The doctors are very experienced and satisfied my curiosity before performing the treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, http://www.mdcote.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. CARDIFF LIP FILLERS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is most important to choose board certified aesthetic doctor for right treatment. You can also check Lip Injections USA, they provide the best treatment center near you at an affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the article, its really very useful.
    Gothic Pant Mens

    ReplyDelete