Monday 30 March 2015

Primark PS Love Lip Products




I'll admit it, I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to makeup. I don't necessarily dislike drugstore products but when it comes down to it I always tend to opt for high end makeup brands. As you can imagine this has quite an impact on my bank balance so last time on my last trip to primark, I decided to have a little mooch around their beauty stands. I picked up two of the 3D Shine lipglosses and one liquid lipstick. The shades are all pretty similar (well done Ashlie) but at £2 a pop thats not really a problem. 

3D Shine Lipgloss


L to R | PS Love 3D Shine Lipglosses 43 & 35



I am so impressed with these lipglosses. They formula is very pigmented meaning they can be worn alone & they would also look fab layered over a lipstick. 43 is a beautiful coraly pink with a subtle silver shimmer. It gives a lovely light wash of colour over the lips and makes them look  glossy and plump. 35 is a bright fuschia pink that is packed with glitter. Once its applied the glitter isnt detectable,it just amps up the shine making the lips look super wet and glossy. 


Liquid Lipstick

PS Love Liquid Lipstick 08


I initially bought this thinking it would be a matte bubble gum pink, but the colour looks darker once its on the lips and is quite berry toned. As you can see from the swatch it still has a glossy finish which is more subtle than the lipglosses, but still helps to make the lips look plump. Once again the pigmentation is amazing and not what you would expect from a £2 product. 


I have to say i'm pretty impressed by these products. The packaging is well made and sturdy, I was worried that as they are so inexpensive, the packaging would be flimsy and leak easily but this isn't the case at all. I love the sleek tube, gold & black handle/lid and simple logo. They aren't the most long wearing of lip products, for me this isnt a problem but if your a no touch ups kinda gal this may not be the product for you. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the scent. The smell is very artificial and sweet which is a bit sickly but it wears away after a while. Both of these products have a brush applicator and the formula is quite thick and sticky, again this isn't something that bothers me, but some people might find them uncomfortable to wear. Im looking forward to trying more from from the PS Love line, What are your favourites?

Catch up soon.
With Love ... A x






No comments:

Post a Comment