Monday 9 March 2015

Whats In My Travel Make Up Bag | City Break Edition

Trying to narrow my favorite makeup down to fit in one bag, that wont take up the whole weight of my luggage allowance when I travel, is a task that I massively struggle with. Between not knowing exactly what the climate is going to be like & deciding what looks go with what outfit results in me over packing and not using half the products I take. I have recently returned from a spending a week in Rome & because I have been before (I went for four days in November) I felt that I had a good idea of what I needed to take with me and what to leave at home. Here's what made the cut.









A full coverage foundation that stays in place ALL day, perfect to go from day to night after a long day of walking and taking in the sights (shopping).


Ideal for covering dark circles after late nights


Perfect to set concealer & give a subtle highlight under the eyes.

A beautiful highlighting powder that can be applied lightly to give a subtle highlight or can be built up for a more dramatic look. I love packing this powder all over the eyelid and adding a tiny bit of bronzer in the crease for a neutral eye look.

This is so ideal for travelling because its so compact. With three eye shadows, a matte cream, shimmery gold and a matte deep khaki green, it can be used to create a simple neutral look for the day time that can be vamped up a little bit in the evening by adding some of the shimmery shadow to the lid or deepening the outer corner of the eye with the khaki shade. It also has a gorgeous peachy pink blush in the shade Day Dream and Laguna bronzer which creates a really subtle contour and can be used to bronze up the skin.

I wasnt planning on taking these with me at first because the NARS palette has a couple of eye shadows in already, but there was room for them to fit in around my setting powder so I squished them in! I like swiss chocolate to warm up an eye look and embark is perfect for a more natural brow day.

It probably seems excessive to take two bronzers, but Hoola is a bit more intense than Laguna so it is ideal for an evening look. 

Keeps eyeshadows in place all day and prevents them from creasing.

I use this to fill in my eyebrows and its great for a day time winged liner as its not as harsh as a black liner.

Ideal for adding a bit of drama in the evenings.

I took two mascaras because i wasn't planning on wearing fake lashes and I find layering my mascaras helps me get the most out of my natural lashes. These two together are my current obsession they work together like a dream. I did end up picking up some really natural lashes from the airport though!

This lipgloss is amazing for day & night. Its a natural pinky brown colour that really plumps the lips and lasts for a long time.

Speaks for itself really, Im taking this to line my lips - duh.

I didnt know if I would even use this but I did want to take a bold lipstick just in case & as this is my newest one she came along for the ride.

A must have for keeping makeup locked in place all day!

What are your makeup must haves when you go on holiday?
Catch up soon
With Love ... A

No comments:

Post a Comment